See How You Can Style Your Brows With A Bar Of Soap

See How You Can Style Your Brows With A Bar Of Soap


Once, when I was in high school, I got to do the makeup for a car-accident demonstration thing that was surprisingly gory and fun. I watched some grainy how-to videos of special-effects makeup, and I was hooked.
Although I don't play around with makeup in that same way (zero fake blood in my everyday makeup routine, sigh) I still love watching special-FX makeup artists on YouTube transform themselves or others.
Any of these videos that need to move or drastically change the brows usually did so with some sort of brow cover-up that included a glue stick or spirit gum or wax, all of which sounded like really fun ways to lose half your eyebrow hairs when trying to take it all off. But I came across a few that used soap to replace glue, which would make clean-up a million times easier because your cleanser is right there on your face, waiting for you. But that trick didn't have any real-life application for me.
Then I saw one of my favorite makeup artists on YouTube use soap to style her brows for a normal makeup look.
MIND. BLOWN.
So, obviously, I had to try it.
First, I tried it the special-FX makeup way. All you have to do is take a humble bar of soap, dampen it a bit so it's not dripping but wet enough to move, and apply it lightly to the brows.
Since the goal isn't to erase my brows completely, this really didn't work because it applied way too much soap and just gave a crazy white cast to my brows and felt really heavy and gross.

Don't do that.
Instead, take the eyebrow brush of your choice, wet it, and scrub it all up in that soap.
With enough suds on the brush, you can easily brush it through your brow hairs. I typically don't style my brows upwards like this, but it was really hard for you to see the effect any other way.
When you inevitably have soap all over your brows, lightly press with a tissue to remove the excess bubbles while keeping the soap stuck in your brow hairs.
From there, you can let your brows dry and apply any brow powder/pomade/pencil of your choosing, I would just stay away from brow-gel-type products so it doesn't get all gummed up with the soap.
so. Honestly though, my usual brow routine of powder and maybe hairspray on a spoolie lasts longer than this.
It all comes down to the soap you choose. The Dove bar I've been using has a lot of moisturizing agents included to make your skin much happier. A better choice would be a harder, less moisturizing soap. The fats and oils that give real soap that almost waxy feeling would give significantly better results in holding your brow hairs in place.

Comments

Popular Posts